Saturday, October 6, 2012

Kobe Bryant's "Mild Foot Discomfort"


I admit that I am not a huge basketball fan, but I do keep an eye on the sports headlines.  Being a podiatrist, a recent headline caught my attention.  It turns out that yesterday Kobe Bryant missed both LA Laker practices with "mild foot discomfort."  I am sure one of the greatest basketball players of all time will be closely evaluated but anyone can take note of this headline.  Foot pain is not normal!  If Kobe Bryant would have tried to "work through it" he could have made the condition much worse.  I can not tell you how many times I see a patient who waited several months or even a year with significant foot pain.  This patient is much harder to treat as the condition has often worsened.  As with most things the sooner you deal with an issue, the easier it is to resolve.  Moral of the story: foot pain is not normal and we should take it seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment