Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Weekend in San Antonio



This past weekend, I traveled to San Antonio, Texas for a wound care course.  Though I have visited Texas while in middle school, I have never been to San Antonio.  I enjoyed seeing the city including staying on the Riverwalk and visiting the Alamo.  However, my primary purpose for the trip was a 12 hour wound care course.

As a podiatrist, part of what we do is caring for diabetic foot ulcerations.  So, I have been doing wound care for over 10 years.  The 3 years I spent in Pittsburgh was heavy on surgical limb salvage of diabetic feet.  During my time in Winter Haven, I also was on staff at the wound center in Lake Wales, Florida.

I really think I could make a difference in this community of Hernando County in regards to wound care.  Therefore, I have been working closely with the Spring Hill Wound Care Center and the experts at this facility recommended this course.

Though I am experienced, I still learned quite a bit at the course and am eager to begin using these new ideas to help people here in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment