Friday, November 11, 2011

Why I became a Podiatrist

Growing up in Ohio, becoming a surgeon was always a goal.  A painful ingrown toenail while in college in Akron, Ohio lead me to meet my mentor Dr. Mark Koltnow.  Dr. Koltnow was a caring podiatrist who was loved by his patients and who I really respected.  Not only did he remove my ingrown toenail, he took the time to "show me the ropes" of podiatry.  Over 10 years later, here I am practing podiatry and doing my best to match the same caring manner of Dr. Koltnow.  When I tell patients I know what it is like to have an ingrown toenail, I really do know this along with the fear of the procedure to get it removed.  However, most patients realize that the procedure is usually successful to quickly reduce the pain and resolve the problem.  The majority usually wish they would have had the procedure much sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment